Sahar Malek – 11 June 1982
2006 – till date
Sahar started her creative career at 9, writing her own bed time story books and selling some to neighbors.
After getting her Masters in Creative copywriting, she Worked with big multinationals such as BBDO Cairo, JWT Cairo, Y&R and FP7 on a vast majority of brands across the MENA region; varying from telecom, food & beverages, banks, automotive, fashion.
Her professional experience started in Cairo, where she worked in the right direction in this field with big names in the local market and with international “Executive Creative Directors”.
Later on she worked in the UAE, Qatar, and Lebanon, while also catering for the Kuwaiti, Iraqi and Kurdish markets.
In her stint as a freelance creative, she had the chance to branch out and get experience in production, set art direction and digital marketing to name a few.
Sahar shifted to the digital world in 2016 as a Creative Director with “The Online Project” to handle the digital part (FB, Snapchat, Instagram etc.) for mainly Nescafé GCC and IKEA Dubai & Qatar while managing the creative team in Dubai and Amman. She is currently working with DIWANEE Dubai and Beirut as Digital Creative Director.
Overall profile: Strategic thinking, Brand building, Concept development, Script writing (mainly in Arabic), Digital platform experience.
Other interests: Graphic novel addict, Traveling, Belly dancing, Independent Cinema.
Languages: French, English and Arabic (Lebanese & Egyptian).
Lived in: Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, France, Egypt, Dubai and Doha.
Current Professional work:
DIGITAL Creative Director at DIWANEE UAE & Lebanon
Previous Professional work:
* The Online Project (TOP), Creative Director.
* FP7 Beirut, Associate Creative Director.
* Metro Al Madina, In-house Responsible for Social media (fb-twitter-instagram), Marketing, Event poster design, Calendars, Newsletters etc.
* BIB – Beirut Bienial for the Image, Core team + Media/social network ALBEDO Creative Platform took place in December 2014 in Beirut. (www.albedo-platform.com).
* “Beirut & Beyond” 2014 music festival, Copywriter.
* The Agency 222 – Doha, Senior Art Director on Vodafone.
* Euro RSCG – Dubai, Senior Art Director/ Copywriter.
* Y&R – Cairo, Senior Art Director/Copywriter mainly on Danone & Danette.
* JWT – Cairo, Senior Art Director/Copywriter mainly on Vodafone.
* BBDO – Cairo, Junior Art Director/Conceptualizer mainly on FMCG’s
* ADEF Art Director and Image Consultant, Egypt 2013 Year Comic Book workshop in the Arab world / ADEF identity and design.
* (2001-2006): Lebanese Academy Of Fine Arts (ALBA) , Beirut.
Masters +5 in Advertising (Conceptualizer / Copywriter).
* (2000-2001): Université Saint-Joseph, Beirut.
Business and management.
* (2000): Lycée Franco-Libanais. Mission Laique Française.
French baccalaureate specialized in economics and sociology.
– Brands she worked on:
*TOP Dubai: Digital – Nestlé (Nescafé, Coffee-mate, Dolce Gusto, Nido, 3 in 1, RedMug, etc), IKEA UAE & Qatar, Sony, Play Station, Culina.
* FP7 Beirut: Byblos Bank, Korek Iraqi Telecom, McDonalds Beirut, Master Chips, Binastore Iraq, Bridgestone Iraq.
* THE AGENCY, Doha: Vodafone.
* EURO RSCG Dubai: Chalhoub group Brands, Dettol GCC, Faces GCC, Lamborghini Kuwait.
* Y&R Cairo: Danone, Danette, Novartis, Souq.com.
* JWT Cairo: Vodafone, Beymen, Edita.
* IMPACT BBDO Cairo: Pepsi, 7UP, Miranda, Mercedes Benz, Rotana Cinema, Stella Beer, Snickers, Pizza Hut, Barclays Bank, EFG Hermes, Wadi Food, ID Vodka, Domaine de Gianaclis wines, Dairy Milk.
* FREELANCE CLIENTS: Camélia Spa Beirut / ALBEDO Creative platform Beirut / Metro Al Madina Beirut / Toyota Kuwait / Camel Cigarettes Beirut / Link, Web design Lebanon / Target construction, Muscat Oman / Sageto Ltd, construction Company, Nigeria / Abou Merhi Cruise, Beirut / DMI, development Company, Lebanon / North Motors, BMW, Audi, Mini cooper agents, Lebanon / Moubtada wa khabar, online arabic litterature network, Lebanon / Eureloc for consultancy, Cairo / Arabella Mall Corporate identity, Kuwait
– Courses and Workshops Presentation skills workshop (2016, Lebanon) / High performance leadership training (2008 Cairo) / Designer trainer ARAB DIGITAL EXPRESSION (2007, Cairo) / Copyright workshop, (2007, Beirut) / Academic: Theater / History of arts / Photography / Printing/ Color calibrating / TV production / Marriott Vacation Club International, Training in sales (2000, Beirut).
– Trainings (Advertising Agencies and Print houses)
* Y&R Dubai, creative intern. (2004)
* Print Works s.a.l. Training program with The Repro House s.a.l., Inc.Printers & Artworks. (2005)
* Karaky printing Press, Ras Beirut Intern in all departments: design & layout, pre-press, printing and post-press. (2005)
* H&C Leo Burnett (Lebanon) Training, client servicing department, Philip Morris. (2002)